Our extensive design know-how and experience helps designing complex parts and assemblies for extreme applications. For CAD design we use state-of-the-art software suites such as SOLIDWORKS®. Custom automated post-processing routines for certain CAD process steps allow efficiency and a smooth workflow.
- 2D and 3D CAD model building
- Parametric models
- Multibody simulations (pure kinematic and dynamic)
- Consideration of all relevant constraints and boundary conditions, e.g.:
- Design for manufacturing - also for additive manufacturing methods
- Design to cost and/or schedule
- Design for functionality
- Surface treatments
- following assembly and inspection processes
- Design rules for structures that astronauts will interact with
- All relevant drawings including manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Interface Control Documents (ICD)
- Assembly procedures
- Data exchange with manufacturers and customers in all relevant data formats
Space Structures has successfully designed structures covering individual parts and subassemblies, especially for electro-optical equipment, optical payloads and primary structures for large satellites!