Sandwich panels are a key for lightweight design combined with high mechanical performance.
Space Structures supplies panels with the following material combinations:
- Aluminium facesheets - aluminium honeycomb core
- GFRP facesheets - aluminium honeycomb core
- CFRP facesheets - aluminium honeycomb core
- CFRP facesheets - CFRP honeycomb core
Also solutions with other honeycomb core material (Aramid, Polyimid) are possible on request.
For interfaces, inserts can be included with the following parameters:
- Aluminium, titanium, INVAR or CFRP material
- Floating, face-to-face, edge or block type
- Through-holes or threads (if required also including thread locking)
This means that customers can get a unique solution:
All-black sandwich panels including the interfaces!
Further customisation options we offer are:
- Grounding paths (on CFRP skins typically aluminiumfoil)
- Surface coating (anodising, Surtec/Alodine, black/white thermal paint, mirrors)
- Surface mounted or embedded heatpipes
Example applications are:
- High performance satellite and launcher structures
- Structures for manned applications
- Optical benches